Found this recipe initially in an email digest from the one-and-only Betty Crocker herself. Me being 6 1/2 months pregnant, I can’t stress to you enough how excited I was to make these. I had been waiting DAYS but discipline allowed me to hold out for New Years Eve breakfast. Now mine don’t look nearly as pretty but it matters very little, because if you don’t use a KNIFE this will become a big pile of messy delicious creation after the first bite. Ready for the recipe?
Servings: 3 People or 6 Pancakes
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
4oz Cream Cheese
1 Box Jell-O Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Bisquick Pancake Mix
1/2 Cup Chopped/Crushed Graham Crackers
3/4 Cup Water
Sliced Fresh or Frozen/Thawed Strawberries
On the website you’ll see a recipe a bit different than mine. Here’s my notes:
- I prefer Bisquick over Fiber One because I’ve never tried the Fiber One. I’m sure you can use any pancake mix and it’ll work out just fine for you.
- I didn’t pay attention to measurements for Syrup or Strawberries because I don’t believe in setting limits on toppings. If you’re a true adult you’ll be able to estimate how many strawberries you’ll need per person and how much syrup you generally like on your pancakes.
- Our serving sizes are different. When I made this I was able to get 3 servings at 2 pancakes per person and I had a ton of leftover cream cheese filling. It’s a matter of how big you want your pancakes. My pancakes were about 3 inches in diameter.
- Make sure you soften the cream cheese or you’ll have chunks and your filling will look a bit curdle-y.
- The texture of your graham crackers should reflect how chunky you want your pancakes and if you’re using the OXO pancake squeezer tool thingy.
1. Mix cream cheese, pudding mix and milk until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Mix pancake mix, water and graham crackers until well blended.
3. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook until edges are dry and surface is bubbling. Flip for cook for another minute or less.
4. Layering should go like this: Pancake –> Cream Cheese Filling –> Strawberries –> Pancake –> Strawberries –> Syrup
5. Top with whipped cream if desired.
You will declare that this is the best thing you’ve ever eaten in your entire life (even without marijuana) but try not to eat it too fast. Happy New Year!! I raise my glass of sparkling grape juice to you!